High Quality Replacement Windows in Concord, Matthews and Surrounding North Carolina and South Carolina
Improve your home's appearance and energy efficiency with new windows in Charlotte
Open up your home. Replacement windows increase natural light and air flow in your home while adding beauty.
Are old, tired windows bringing down the look of your home? Are your windows sticking, drafty, or uneven? If so, TruGuard can help! We install high-quality replacement windows in a variety of styles and materials, and our windows can give your home the upgrade it needs to improve appearance and comfort.
If the windows in your home are faded, cracked, drafty, or difficult to open and close, now is the time to consider replacement windows. New windows are not only useful for aesthetic purposes, but also for energy efficiency and comfort.
Our professional window installers can help you determine what the best style of window is for your home's needs and the look you want. We offer free estimates on all our services, so call us today to learn more about what replacement windows can do for your home!
Benefits of Replacement Windows
- Energy Efficiency: Modern improvements, such as Low-E glass, have allowed windows to reduce the heat that enters your home in the summer, reducing cooling costs. Replacement windows will have significantly improved insulation over your old windows as well, which will eliminate drafts and keep your home warmer and more comfortable in the winter while lowering heating expenses.
- Improved Appearance: Replacement windows are a great way to change the look of your home and give it a new, modern feel. Whether you want to change the style of your windows or simply upgrade to new ones, they will certainly improve your curb appeal. New windows are also a must when completing projects such as a siding replacement or remodeling.
- Better Function: Trying to force open a stuck window or having to prop one open is a hassle for any homeowner. Your windows should never be difficult to open or have consistent drafts. If you're having these problems, replacement windows will make it easier to enjoy fresh air and keep your home more comfortable.
- Increased Value: With all the other benefits replacement windows offer, it's easy to see how they increase your home's resale value. If you're preparing your home for sale, investing in replacement windows is a great way to increase property value.
Types of replacement windows
A style for every home. The right type of replacement window can complete a home's appearance.
Finding the right style of window is an essential part of any window replacement project. Every house and every room has different features that create different needs, which is why TruGuard offers a wide variety of windows to help you match your home's design. Our window options include:
- Single and double hung
- Bay and bow
We offer our windows in vinyl, aluminum, and wood, giving you a complete range of options to find the best fit for your home. We also can design custom windows for homes that have a unique shape or design layout.
FAQs about TruGuard window replacement
- What are windows made of? The easy answer is glass plus a framework of wood, vinyl or composite materials. However, the window industry has many options available to suit any home and lifestyle. Window frames today are offered in vinyl or vinyl-clas (for low maintenance), all wood, aluminum-clad or composites. There are also many types of glazing options available to make windows more energy efficient.
- What is cladding? Some windows are made of wood and then covered on the exterior and/or interior with another layer, such as aluminum or vinyl. This layer of extra covering is the cladding, and it adds another layer of protection to the window, strengthening its resistance to outside weather or heavy inside usage.
- How often should residential windows get replaced? Homeowners with windows more than 25 years old should consider replacing them, both to gain the best energy efficiencies and to protect the envelope of the house. Windows often need to be replaced if they are sealed or painted shut, fogged with condensation, or letting in a draft.
- What do U-factor and R-value mean? The U-factor represents the amount of heat that escapes through a wall, window, roof or other surface. The lower the U-factor, the more energy efficient a material is. R-values are the direct opposite. These measure an object's resistance to heat flow. The higher a material's R-value, the lower its U-factor and the less energy it will lose. An R-value depends on the number of layers of glass in a window, what type of gas is between those layers and whether one or more of those layers of glazing have been treated with a Low-E coating.
- What does "Low-E" stand for? Low-E is an invisible, microscopic layer of silver coating added to glass for greater energy efficiency and increased comfort. Low-E stands for "low emissivity," which is the action of reflecting light passing through glass. By reflecting part of the light spectrum (the part that transmits heat), we reduce a window's U-factor and increase its R-value.
- What is an impact-resistant glass window? Impact-resistant glass has strong laminated glass interlayers. When combined with an exceptionally strong window frame, this type of window provides homeowners with greater security and protection from storms, flying debris and even the occasional stray golf ball. When struck by something hard and forceful, like a tree branch or softball, the glass resists shattering. In the rare event that an object impacts the glass, the pane may shatter, but it remains held within the frame. This greatly reduces the risk of flying glass, water or debris penetrating into the home.
- Who should have impact-resistant glass in their homes? Homeowners living in coastal areas prone to strong winds and storms, living directly on a golf course, or living in an area where vigorous sports activities take place should consider impact-resistant glass in their homes. Other homeowners might be interested in the sound reduction and security benefits that impact-resistant glass provides.
Upgrade to modern replacement windows today
With all the improvements that replacement windows offer your home, why wait to make an upgrade? TruGuard can give you a high-quality solution that will make your home look great and be more comfortable and energy efficient! Call us today at 1-855-205-6872 to get started with a free estimate. We proudly serve in Charlotte, Concord, Gastonia, Huntersville, Rock Hill, Matthews, Kannapolis, Indian Trail, Mooresville, Pineville and throughout the surrounding areas.
Looking for a price? Get a no cost, no obligation free estimate.